Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2007

All families are psychotic

Hi everybody!!!


I´ve just finished my first Progress Test and I´m totally exhausted. I´ve written lots and lots about vocab and Jaywalking and the different handouts we were given before. I had no idea how much work it really was.

I spent the last week studying for my English and my Spanish exam so I didn´t have a lot of time for doing interesting things. This week I will certainly try out some of the tools Mr. Newman showed us last time.


Although I had a lot to study for my classes I was able to finish a book by Douglas Coupland called "All families are psychotic". It is absolutely worth reading as it has a captivating story and a lot of interesting, weird, psychotic and terminally ill characters. Three of the main characters are dying from AIDS and one is suffering from liver cancer but this doesn´t mean that the story is sad or depressing. It´s about a little family reunion and of course it all went horribly wrong with the main characters ending up in a wild pursuit for an enveleope, containing a little note from prince William (yes, the one who recently broke up with his girlfriend), for his dead mother. Apparently this envelope was stolen from Diana´s coffin at her burial. Some dubious and very rich Swiss businessman needs the envelope because of the DNA that´s on it in order to clone prince William,...Poor boy.

It´s definitely a good read.

Keine Kommentare: